- I got a bike. I have lessons at the Cathedral sometimes, which is actually just as far from the Haarlem train station as it is from my house. Rather than walk 30 minutes, a bike is an 8 minute walk, and actually faster getting back to the house from Haarlem than train.
- Last night I heard a concert of the Amstel Saxophone Quartet playing with the organ at the Bavo kerk. They played 21st century music, including a premiere of a wonderful piece called "Lachrimae". I haven't enjoyed much of the new music I've heard here (and the Europeans REALLY love it), but this concert had some great music.
- On my bike, the first night coming home I got lost. I asked a Dutch person for directions and he actually said "Is easy. You go right, then left, then right, then left, then you will see the train station." Somehow I made it home.
- Today I had class on the Bavo organ! I didn't get to play it, but I did get to see it up close, which was quite exciting!

A model of the Cathedral

Myself practicing at the Cathedral organ!

A picture I made of the Bavo church organ, from the organ loft